Pages

Monday 3 December 2012

Radio beginning using Logic Pro 01

I experimented and searched through some sounds. I was looking for something before the 60 second news update that would grasp a listener's or audience's attention. I got the inspiration from BBC THREE, 60 seconds news update  as the broadcast began there was an electronic kind of echo effect beforehand, gaining the attention of the audience. I not only want to gain attention from my protagonist but also from our TA.

These sounds are only short and small but that's all they need to be. I was searching for ages to find suitable loops that I could merge together. The clips just to the right of the  long line are the ones that I've chosen:


Experimenting with Logic Pro

The bigger looking one, that i have circled in red, I tried at first on it's own, it was an 80's style theme tune, it didn't sound right on it's own and I thought it was missing an upbeat electronic edge.


The smaller looking one, that I have circled in red, was one that I cut out of a longer electronic beating sound.


I listened to it and merged them together, making sure the timing of both sound clips transitioned smoothly onto each other. Here's the final result:




I think this has everything I want for an interruption before the news update.
It's a possible radio sound so tell me what you think and comment on any improvements, I will be asking around!

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Try a few variations to see which you like best.

    ReplyDelete