Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2013

Sounds 1

I began merging and creating loops within Logic Pro.
My aim was to find and create a mix that to suits the opening shots involving the train that myself and Patrycja have edited together, (Patrycja uses Premier Pro to edit and I help or oversee what she's done to see if there are any major improvements to be fixed - you could say I'm acting as an objective perspective
).

Here's the mixes that I'm considering:




I'm not entirely sure about this mix because when it's merged with the short beginning sequence it may make the audience believe a really bad events about to happen straight away and mislead/confuse them.



I believe this mix can build tension but is lacking something which, in my opinion, creates a lower level of interest when heard and doesn't really fit our Thriller-Horror genre because of the lack of suspense (its also more like an echoing sound effect and less like the suspenseful mix I'm llistening for).


I'm not as keen on this mix because, although the sounds are interesting and suspenseful individually, as a collective they contrast and collide with each other. I really enjoy the piano sound because it connotes a sense of impending doom for a character - it happens when a villain is enclosing on his/her victim. However I don't want to use this sound in another mix because it can contrast so easily with others - making it harder to find a suitable match.


I enjoy these two violins merged together the most. I want to experiment further with these because they seem more promising than the others. The violins are a contrast to the clips, yet they merge well with it because the ms-en-scene is expected to have a contemporary beat. Whereas, this non-diagetic sound is unexpected and can seem aged creating an eerie and suspenseful atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment